The Faculty Incremental Improvement Grant provides funding to assist iSchool researchers who could greatly improve their research efforts by means of limited financial support and who have exhausted all other available funding sources. Proposal applications will be accepted on September 15th, January 15th, and April 15th of every year. This is a competitive internal grant program. Faculty should consult with the Associate Dean for Research for other sources of funding prior to Incremental Improvement Submission.
- iSchool faculty (T/TT and professional track faculty) singly or in groups
- The amount of support will depend upon the nature of the research, the specific needs of the project, and the methods being proposed, but should be less than $1,000.00 per year.
- Examples of Possible Activities
- Research-related travel
- Participant Incentives
- Supplies for carrying out research activities
- Special computing needs (e.g., cloud services, software, printing, etc.)
- Other miscellaneous research expenses clearly tied to the project
- Applications will be accepted January 15th, April 15th, and September 15th of every year
- Proposers will be notified within six weeks of proposal submission about grant winners
- Online application form
- Documents attached:
- 2-Page Project description
- Proposed Budget
- Proposed Timeline
- Researcher Biosketch – List of researcher team members and bio-sketch of Principle Investigators (PIs)
- Recipients will work with the iSchool Finance staff to manage the spending of the allocated funds
- Faculty recipients must spend funds and complete projects before leaving the University
- All funds are to be spent and work completed within 1 year of the date of notification
- Recipients are required to provide a RIGs Final Report at the end of their projects
- Final reports will be due upon completion of projects, or no later than 1 year from the date of notification
- Final reports will be posted on the iSchool Research Library
If there are any questions, please contact the Research Team.