Research Interest Groups
Expectations, Processes, and Support
Faculty members in the College are invited to propose interest groups focused on an emerging or critical topic. Interest groups may have an education or outreach aspect, but research and scholarship is expected to be the primary focus of their efforts. Interest groups should involve 5 or more faculty members, at least 2 of whom are full-time with a primary appointment in iSchool and at least 1 of whom is an iSchool affiliate faculty member or non-iSchool faculty inside or outside of UMD.
- Foster significant interactions and community within the College, UMD, and beyond 
- Catalyze collaborative research, develop proposals, and publish work on critical topics 
- Establish presence in critical research areas within the University and beyond 
- Proposed by faculty
- Focused on an emerging or critical topic
- Research and scholarship is the primary purpose
- Involves 5 or more faculty members
- AT LEAST 2 full-time with a primary appointment in the iSchool
- AT LEAST 1 an iSchool affiliate faculty member or non-iSchool faculty.
NEXT DEADLINE: September 15, 2022
If there are any questions, please contact the Research Team.